Monday, November 30, 2009

Some Gilberts never change {portrait}

This is the last post from my Holiday Mini sessions, and what a fun one it was. I sent out a quick note a few weeks ago for the first person to call and book a session with me in Salem gets a $25 gift certificate. One of the those fun incentives I love to throw out there every once in awhile. Within minutes I get an email from an old friend....she was so cute, she says "I want that $25"

We struggled for days looking at scheduling possibilities, and nothing worked. Between my schedule, her husbands work and the holiday trip they were taking, nothing was working. We were going to be crossing paths on both ends of our trip, I was heading to Salem, they were coming near Bend. Finally, due to some sort of miracle in the heavens, we made it work out.

I met Lyle (the husband) in Junior High, but we didn't become friends until just after our High School graduation. He was friends/ roommates with my ex-husband, so Lyle and I hung out often. He was the one you call when you're in trouble, the one who will always make you laugh and a really good friend. Angie I knew as well, she was a few years younger than I was, but we always had a good time together. One day, I think after Angie had broken up with a boyfriend, I asked her if she like to hang out. I brought her over to the guys house, introduced her to the "roommate" and apparently, the rest....well...is history. They make the cutest couple, and have lasted through the years. I love a good story like this one. They were also the first to come visit me in the hospital after I had Taylor. Shortly after Taylor, life took us to North Carolina, and I lost contact with most everyone from that other life of mine.

Thanks to Facebook, they found me. It had been 12 years since I saw either of them, they now have a very adorable red haired little girl, and are still happily married.

After a very successful session in Eagle Crest, we headed back to the condo to catch up. It was great to hear the stories I missed. They asked a lot of questions about our lives, but what I really found out, is that some things never change. Angie is still the sweet girl I knew at 15, her hair is a little darker, and she totes around a toddler now, but under all of those 15 years is an amazing woman, who is still kind and thoughtful. Lyle will still make you laugh, and while he can usually say something off the wall and sometimes inappropriate, he's always there for a good laugh. He's also still the guy people call when they need help, only now he gets to drive a car really fast, carries a gun and gets paid for it. (He's a police officer) I'm so glad to have met up with these two again. They are a few of the people I always missed seeing, and other than life happening, I'm not sure why we lost touch. I hope that this little reunion will spark something to keep the three of us in contact.

Thanks so much Gilbert's for letting me photograph you. I had such a great time reconnecting and watching your adorable little daughter. She is just too cute, and a perfect combination of her amazing parents.

IMG_0180
IMG_0198

IMG_0145

IMG_0240

IMG_0149

No comments:

Post a Comment