Saturday, November 28, 2009

Blast from the Past {portriat}

This past week has been an interesting one. I decided to go home for the holidays, and I ended up booking 3 sessions while I was there. All of these families I knew in that other life of mine, and I have not seen any of them since. The first family was the Wentworth family.

I headed over to Salem last Sunday morning. The snow was terrible crossing the pass, so badly that I worried we may not make it. (I'm a woos when it comes to driving in the weather like that) We hit a huge blizzard type storm, and could barely see a car length in front of us. Needless to say...I made it fine, and was so glad to see dry pavement.

I had about an hour before my first session. I was going to be meeting the Wentowrth's at one of the fabulous historic sites in Salem.

A little background....

Jenny and I met in Junior High. She was the cousin of a very good friend of mine. I loved Jenny from the minute I met her. She was sweet and kind, and was so funny. Thats what I remember of Jenny. Jeremy, I knew separately from Jenny. We worked together at my first job, he was sort of a confidant for me. He would listen to all of my High School drama, and tell me how to deal with those "boys". Shortly after starting work with Jeremy I discovered he had a girlfriend. Her name was Jenny. The two of them had a tough start to what turns out to be a lasting, loving relationship. They started their family early, and once Jeremy and I no longer worked together, I didn't see the two of them again.

One day searching the beloved Facebook, I was reconnected with Jenny, and found her and Jeremy to still be married with now two kids, and couldn't have been happier. They two of them seem to overcome anything that life throws at them, with grace and love. They have a beautiful family, and seem to be very happy.

I was thrilled when Jenny asked me to photograph their first...yes, I said first, professional family portrait. I only hope I lived up to their expectations.

It was so great to catch up, neither one of them have changed a bit, except for the now teenage daughter and very energetic 10 year old son that they tote around with them. It was a good start to my week of reunions.

Stay tuned, I'll be posting the rest soon....I have several more special appearances from long time friends to come.

IMG_9492
IMG_9500
IMG_9524
IMG_9534
IMG_9539
IMG_9547
IMG_9560
IMG_9563

No comments:

Post a Comment