Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Moon...to go or not go?? {personal}

To go! That was the decision, which was made on a whim, two months back. We bought our tickets and the girls have been anxiously waiting ever since. The night as a whole, besides the whining when the flashback movie broke, and the complaining because we were in a different theater than all of our friends, it was an adventurous night.

We ran around the Old Mill theater for hours, the kids had free reign of the whole place. There were hysterically drunken 30-somethings just as excited as the tweens, all decked out in their favorite "monster" garb.

4 hours of waiting in a theater, the lights lowered and the screams began. Within 5 minutes of the first scene those same 30-somthings were yelling at a lit screen to "Take it OFF" in anticipation to see "Jacob" shirtless. I will not say I did not enjoy the glimpse of the brown shirtless chest, but isn't the guy actually 17? ODL! Pick someone we don't have to feel guilty for drooling over.

Both girls stayed awake through the entire movie and made me laugh every time Kaci would whisper..."Mom, he's so HOT, Jacob is soooooo HOT!" She's nine!

We made it home shortly after 3am, thank goodness we could literally walk to the theater if is hadn't been for the 40 degree night we had. But we made it to our warm beds before half of the theaters even let out....did I mention we had a dream parking spot just outside the back theater doors....it was wonderful!

The next morning I let the girls stay home, Taylor actually didn't have school...conferences. Since Kaci is the sleeper of the family there was no way she was actually getting up. I unfortunately did not have the luxury of sleep that night. The stress from knowing how tired I was going to be made it harder to fall asleep and if I remember right... 2 hours is about all I got. The nausea set in that morning, I had two pots of coffee and it still didn't help. I was miserable. The girls called me every hour after they woke up to complain about each other and I had such a busy day I didn't make it home until 4 pm, with loads of homework and editing to still finish.

I hope they had fun....I paid for it the next day for sure!

IMG_9353

No comments:

Post a Comment