Monday, March 8, 2010

I think I just saw Marilyn Monroe! {Boudoir}

When I say Hollywood Glam, Marilyn Monroe is who comes to mind. She embodies Glam to me, and I love the old fashioned era and beauty! Had I been able to find an old fashioned cigarette holder I would have been beyond ecstatic last weekend at my Hollywood Glam shoot.

I rented a room at the FABULOUS new Oxford Hotel. The very second I saw the interior of this place I knew it just had to be photographed with gorgeous women draped all over the yummy comforters and sleek 40's inspired furnishings.

I had another AMAZING group of women, I know I say that allot, but seriously....I get the best clients! 4 ladies set appointments to be photographed, a few stragglers just to see the hotel and my usual group of friends showed up to help out once again.

When you show up to a Boudoir event you are certain you will have a good time, this area we are not lacking in. You'll find a drink in your hands at all times, thanks to your own personal assistant for the evening....the one and only, Chantelle. We have Bambi with hair and makeup, and as usual, she did an outstanding job with all of the ladies. Some of which even set appointments for hair cuts later that night. This girl is great, so if you happen to be in the market for a new stylist, go check her out over at Plethora. Sophie is my lighting guru. She says she doesn't do anything, but the combination of the two of us is magic and somehow the room is always cleaned up by the time the camera goes away. This time I even had dinner handed to me, hot soup and a super yummy salad before I could even throw myself into a chair to relax. It's crazy to me how that happens when Sophie doesn't "do anything".

The night was relaxed and easy, and I'm pretty sure everyone involved had a ton of fun. I got some gorgeous photos...these ladies always know how to work it, even the ones who say they don't know what they are doing.

I of course had to stay the night, you know...since the room was paid for and all. The beds were squishy and comfy. The shower was spacious and warm and even the shampoo was wonderful. Had I been able to wander up to use the sauna and hot tub, the evening would have been perfect. I could have done with out the buzz saw in the bed next to me. ( The kids met me around 12am for a sleep over, and Taylor snores like a old man) The morning was easy and we were all sad to say good-bye. I could totally get used to that lifestyle.

Thanks to the entire staff at The Oxford, from the front desk ladies who walked numerous guests to the elevator and never cussed me out. (at least that I know of...) Every time they called to announce one of them, they always did it with a smile in their voice. I'm sure after #5 THAT got annoying. Thanks to our wonderful concierge's, Jason and James, for getting all of our gear and luggage safely to our room, even though we took up TWO carts, they were happy to do it...both ways! Finally, thanks to Mr. Ben Perle for the tour and allowing all of us rowdy ladies take over the hotel...or at least floor #3. We had a blast, and hope to do it again.

So without further ado....the ladies of the evening.....

What's Your Sexy?" { Hollywood Glam } from Tambi Alderin on Vimeo.



<span class=
LOVE, love , love this next one!!!!
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
There are many, many more fabulous, sexy, and way to HOT of photos to post to this blog.....

1 comment:

  1. I hope you do another one of these, soon! I would love to talk to you about doing this for my hubby's birthday in June...

    ReplyDelete