Thursday, October 29, 2009

KPOV community radio show {publicity}

home page
Just for fun, the new home page of my boudoir website...to be launched soon!

I received an email from a friend a few weeks ago. She's a volunteer at the local non-profit radio station here in Bend. Being the great friend she is, she wrote a note to me, and one of the radio personalities who does a show she thought might boost some business for me.

The odds of me actually being on a radio show seemed low, although a great opportunity....YEAH right! Another few weeks went by, still no word from Aylette (our radio wonder woman/ radio talk show host) The dream quickly died for me and I moved on from the thought of everyone hearing me speak. After all...what could I possibly have to say of any interest.

One normal morning, I pulled myself out of bed, grabbed a cup of coffee and began the daunting task of checking my emails. I'm not that popular, but being a business owner I have seemed to end up on every junk mail list on the planet.

Nothing too important, an order or two...GREAT. Then, there I saw it....an email from Aylette, asking if I would be a guest on her show! OH NO....I completely forgot I'm deathly afraid of public speaking!

Ive been wanting to conquer a few fears lately, so I guess this is it....I'm going on the radio. Alyette wanted to make this comfortable and easy for me. We met up last Sunday to pre-record the show, that way in case I was at a loss of words, she could just take that part out.

The first few minutes were hard, but I tried to forget about the hundreds of people who could potentially listen to this. I cringed at the sound of my voice...I can't possibly sound this ridiculous in real life...can I? Once that shock wore off, I actually started to think I sound pretty great, and the things that just flew out of my mouth were almost incredible. Alyette is so excited about the subject that we fell into, no one knew what would come out of our interview. Insecurities, and self doubt that everyone feel at some point, and why I love what I do. The gift I feel I give to people, and what society has done to young girls self worth. For the rest you will just have to tune in. I hope it all flows together in the end, I'm really excited to hear it finished.

So, for all of you out-of-town-ers...no worries, they actually stream this stuff live on the web. Just click on the link below at 4:30, tomorrow, Friday the 30th. Please leave me feedback. I'd love to know what you all think.

Follow me to KPOV!

No comments:

Post a Comment