Monday, October 26, 2009

The colors of fall {portrait}

This Saturday the kids and I piled into the photo mobile and headed down to one of the parks in town. This particular park is a photographers dream in the fall, with the beautiful aspens and the bright orange trees. It won't take long to run into another photographer here with a family dressed in their fall colors. I think we passed at least a dozen of them this morning. Each time the kids whispered..."Mom, there's another photographer...is her/his camera nicer than yours?"

We all say our hellos and secretly check out the equipment that photographer is toting, while we try to find our spot that no one has taken over yet.

As with all our attempts at a new family picture, the kids were mostly uncooperative, but it does make for some fun candid shots. I tend to get a lot of laughter and on the outside these kids seems like they are having the best time ever! While this is sometimes the case, it was not this morning.

I had grabbed a coat out of the closet, knowing I was going to need it. It wasn't cold, just a little chilly, and I've finally gotten to the point that I will sacrifice style for some warmth here in the fall and winters. To my surprise, when I put on the coat at the park....this was not my coat. I had grabbed Taylors, and since they are both black, it was an easy mistake. At least the sun was out on Saturday.

We started our walk and let me tell you, I got every last smile those kids had hiding anywhere in their being. There were tears towards the end, mostly by me...no Just kidding, probably Taylor...but she cries REAL easy these days. It was a beautiful walk, in the gorgeous fall weather, in a photographers playground.

Thanks kids, for the laughs, and tears, and the tad bit of cooperation somewhere in there to give us another set of amazing photos. Are my kids just "that" good looking?? Or am I just "that" good??

IMG_7285

IMG_7210
IMG_7219
IMG_7280
IMG_7377
IMG_7379
IMG_7381
IMG_7386
IMG_7406
IMG_7427
IMG_7439
IMG_7512
IMG_7416

Happy Fall my faithful readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment