Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lani and Nick {Wedding}

Lani and I met in the 7th grade. She was always the cute one, with the wild curly hair. We loved her! She was fun, and outgoing, and perky...very perky.

Her parents took me to my first concert, we had countless sleepovers, tanned with lemon juice and baby oil, and danced.

Lani and I don't see each other all the time, our lives have taken different paths, but she's always great about keeping in touch. We email, and see each other occasionally when I can make it to Portland, or she actually comes to Bend.

The summer before moving to Bend, both Lani and I were living in Salem, the first time in years we had been in the same place. That particular summer we hung out a ton. This was also she summer she met her "husband to be" Nick. I loved him from the moment I met him. He's cuddly, and funny, rough and sweet all rolled into one giant teddy bear.

When Lani asked me to photograph her wedding I was beyond honored. I only hope I do the happy couple justice. Soon, the nerves set in, when I realized this would be the first wedding from "the old gang" and all the old friends that would be there. Once there, I relaxed, so did she and the magic began.

I had such a great time at this wedding. To see two old friends so happy and in love and to be such a huge part of her day was amazing. I haven't seen her parents in years, or her little brother (who happens to not be so little anymore) There were old high school friends, new one's I hope to keep and LOTS of great homemade beer!

Here's a sneak peak....more to come after Laners (aka Sister Bunny...dont' ask) approves the photos and raves to me about how much she loves them!
Radtke-84
Radtke-253

1 comment: