Thursday, December 17, 2009

An Opportunity to SOAR! {contest}

A few weeks back I saw a blog post from one of my favorite photographers, Me Ra Koh.    This woman is amazing in her craft, as well as her person.  She is always striving to give back, teach and share her love of people and photography any way she can.

She came up with the SOAR scholarship program.  With the help of her partners, including, Sony, (Did I mention she is one of their spokes people) and many, many others, they have donated an amazing opportunity to (3) Three woman to succeed.  (If you want more information, please visit her website, www.soarwithmera.com)

There will be prize after prize, to insure we are able to fulfill our dreams of becoming a photographer, and the tools to accomplish the world.  The three deserving women will be flown around the country to attend (4) of Me Ra's workshops, amongst many other chance of a lifetime opportunities. 

I usually don't enter contests.  In the past the odds have been stacked against me, and life takes over, my insecurities start working over my mind, and before I know it the deadline has past, and I think, "well....it wasn't meant to be"

This time, however, this was not the case.  NOTHING was getting in my way.  The MOMENT I saw this opportunity in front of me I went for it. I struggled with entering a video presentation of myself.  I hate being in front of a camera, and a motion picture camera...even worse.  I knew I had to do this.  The last time I felt this strongly about an opportunity is when I heard about Habitat for Humanity, and that did fall in my favor.  Besides, a little sleep, some extra time on the computer....it's all I had to loose, and I have so much to potentially gain.

The contest deadline is December 21st, my birthday.  What a better omen then that.  The three woman will find out on Januray 1st, 2010, that their lives will change forever.  I hope I'm on that list.

I'm going to open myself up for the world, and do it!  I will Soar!

Here is my video submission....

No comments:

Post a Comment