Thursday, December 10, 2009

For the love of a build {event}

One of my very best girls, Miss Sophie P, is the director at the Restore. If you have not heard of the amazing place, it is a recycled building materials and furniture store that benefits one of my favorite organizations, Habitat for Humanity. This year the Restore is sponsoring one of the new builds off of Empire Dr, in Parkway Village.

Sophie asked if I would come out this past Saturday and help build. The Saturday builds are always a blast and with a big group of our friends heading out, I knew it was going to be a fun day. It was fun, but the COLD weather had set in that week, and the group got smaller and smaller.

I did make it out, and while it didn't take long to loose the feeling in my legs, and hands, we did have the best time. I snapped a few photos and hoped no one would care I was taking a break from the hard work. I was out there swinging a hammer, and lifting walls.



If any of you get the volunteer bug you should definitely check out Habitat. They are a great organization and one very dear to my heart.
IMG_1131

Miss Sophie, the "Big Boss" of the day
IMG_1132
...and her hubby
IMG_1139
IMG_1158
IMG_1164
A little lovin' on the jobsite....you don't see this very often
IMG_1176
IMG_1185
Robin, swingin' a hammer

IMG_1192
P1050750

No comments:

Post a Comment