Thursday, April 22, 2010

April 20, 2010 {Michigan}

Traveling alone is much easier then packing up the whole house, organizing three peoples clothes and listening to the constant chatter of two excited girls.


I took off this morning on my Michigan adventure; a great flight time, I didn't have to get up early and stress over the possibility of sleeping through the dreaded alarm. I took my time getting ready, had a few cups of coffee and a nice filling breakfast before making my way to PDX.

My lucky steak is following me around as I have had now on BOTH flights an empty seat next to me, where my ridiculously long legs can stretch out and I can read with out the guy next to me breathing down my neck. The second flight proved to be the better of the two when I was seated next to the hot guy on the plane who actually made conversation and even politely looked through my copy of True North (which I am on on the cover of for April/May) while he introduced himself to the local celebrity....I of course blushed and an now on the computer writing about it instead on engaging him in more conversation. (And you wander why I'm still single)

The sun has gone down and the natives are restless. I'm ready to land, but this day of travel has not been as tiring as some. I'm looking forward to the week ahead of me and the adventure that lies on the other side of the baggage claim. I'm not sure what to expect and do I even want any expectations? I think I will let this one take me where it may and enjoy the ride. While I don't think I'm going to rush out and pack the moving van for Detroit, I do think the adventure will be one for the memory books.

Signing off from the sky, somewhere about who knows where.....

No comments:

Post a Comment