Monday, February 28, 2011

{ Empowering } women

I have thought for a long time that every women should have a boudoir session in their lifetime.  These sessions are fun, sassy and are so much more empowering that one might think.

I've recently seen articles of women bearing their souls about the power that this particular type of photography session can have on a person. I've also experienced the joy that my clients have left with after their own sessions.

Some women leave with a new appreciation for their own "imperfect" bodies.  They have shed tears with me, as well as leaving the studio with a feeling of conquering the world.  Here is a video clip of one of my previous boudoir nights.  Pay particular attention to the end, what this one women says about her feelings after her session.

"What's Your Sexy?" { Weekend Trunk Show } from Tambi Alderin on Vimeo.


I love these sessions.  I love making people feel beautiful and helping them realize what the rest of the world already sees.  Being someone who has always struggled with a positive self  image I have learned so much from the brave women I photograph.  I've learned that everyone is beautiful.  Our imperfections are what make us unique and we should celebrate that!  No matter what your size, shape, marital status or lack there of, there is always a reason for us to celebrate the fact that we are women, and beautiful "real" women at that.

I'm scheduling another Boudoir night here at Studio 3 for the night of March 19th.  What I would like to do for all of those women out there who have wanted to do this, but can't....I'd like to hear your story!

Tell me why YOU should have this opportunity.  I'd like to post your stories here on the blog, and choose one lucky lady to have her very own empowering Boudoir Session! 

Send in a letter, make me a video, be creative!  All entries must be sent in my March 15th, so you have two weeks.  I'll post the stories as I recieve them, so more of you can be inspired by these women's stories. I need 5 entries minimum, so please send this link to your friends.  Let the rest of us learn from your story.  What journey did you take to realize your own outward beauty.

If our winner is unable attend the event of March 19th, they will have an opportunity to use their session at a later date, but only at one of the specified Boudoir Party nights.

Have fun, dig deep, and send me your stories.  Send all entries to tambilane@msn.com before March 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment