Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pin-Up party!

Most of you may know that last weekend I put together, (with the help of many willing friends) another Boudoir party. The theme this month was Pin-up. Every woman's idea of pin-up was different, and fabulous, they all braved the camera and we had an amazing time.

There was a lot of preparation, turning a simple backyard shop into a 50's pin-up studio, but I think we did a fantastic job. Thanks Sophie and Brian for all of your wonderful help and the use of your incredibly perfect truck and camper. Yes, we actually had real vintage props.

I was exhausted by the time the women started showing up, but we got the music going and the drinks flowing, and before you know it, we were ready to rock and roll.

We had a fabulous hair and makeup lady. None other than my favorite "Rock a Billy" chick, Bambi. I know everyone was blown away by their transformation. Thank you Bambi!

Ok...moving on. I'm in the process of making a short video for all of you to see what actually goes on at one of these parties. I promise you it is not as intimidating as some of you may think. Everyone tells me after giving them a drink and a few minutes, with the energy of the room you forget you may be nervous and it is something they will definitely do again.

There were 6 women total, and a few that sneaked in later since they are always so willing to help out, (without compensation I might add) so you can imagine after 5 hours of shooting I was a bit spent at the end of the night. Can you believe I was actually photographing until 12:30 am!

I got some great photos, I knew I would. These ladies are all so beautiful! Not only on the outside, but the inside too. This is the part of the night I love. Meeting new fabulous women, who are there for all types of different reasons, but reaching one goal. We are all there to remind ourselves that no matter what size, shape, or comfort level, everyone there has some sexy! As women we need to remind ourselves that a little more.

so without further adieu. Here are a few of those lovely ladies I've been bragging about all week.
IMG_2037
IMG_2066
IMG_2017
IMG_1995
IMG_1598
IMG_1641
IMG_1661
IMG_1670
IMG_1681
Now those are some HOT ladies...right???

"What's Your Sexy?" from Tambi Alderin on Vimeo.



Keep up to date so you don't miss the next party....Hollywood Glam.

No comments:

Post a Comment