Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First signs of spring....

Spring around Central Oregon tends to be cold, wet and while all of us are ready for some sun, it's just not quite time. This year is no different, although a few signs are peaking through the hints of snow, and the frosty mornings.

I've seen people all year doing a 365 days of photos....Today starts my adventure.

signs of spring
My neighbor is an avid gardener. With her pristine yard, her perfectly trimmed lawn and beautiful bushes scattered all across her cute little farm house. To have such a yard as this in Bend, is a challenge, to put it lightly. You must be a green thumb extraordinaire, and almost have magical powers, or know someone in the garden fairy world to help you out. I am not such a person, but luckily I get to reap the benefits of my neighbors yard, when her budding trees start falling across the fence into my side yard.

This is the view from my window, that for now makes me smile to think that the sun is just around the corner, and the days of basking in the warm weather for only a few months is nearly here.

Day #1

First signs of spring......

No comments:

Post a Comment