Monday, February 22, 2010

Who knew I'd enjoy being second

When it comes to weddings I am usually alone. I attend them alone and I shoot them alone. Its not that I don't want the help or wouldn't like someone to sit with. I think I'm just used to doing most things...alone.

I got a call the other day from a fellow photographer, Kimberly Teichrow, to assist her at a wedding in Sunriver. Of course I wanted to go. I love weddings and I also wanted to be the second shooter and work along side this lady. I have only one other time in my life not been the main attraction when it came to weddings, at least as photographer. I loved it the first time and thought I'd try it again. All the pressure is off. No one is watching you, making sure you are catching EVERYTHING, and you actually get to shoot the things that interest you.

It was a hard adjustment to make, but working with Kimberly was fun and easy, and I think she genuinely liked the company. The couple was great, they had a sweet story of boy meets girl back in High School. Boy and girl move on, have lives and reconnect after many moons and other children. I love a good story about two people who were obviously always meant to be together.

I thought I'd show a few photos from the evening that I managed to get. I have never shot at The Great Hall in Sunriver, and this place is GORGEOUS!

IMG_6403
IMG_6430
IMG_6481
IMG_6505
IMG_6588
IMG_6562

It was fairly dark in there. I need to get a better lens for shooting in such low light, but my favorite little 50mm 1.8 did pretty good. I totally took advantage of the beautiful spotlights scattered throughout the Great Hall. Couldn't have done it without that, or at least they wouldn't have been so dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment