Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Jimmy and Jessi {Personal}

I do believe I just attended my very first wedding, since the beginning of my photography career, that I was not photographing. I felt lost. I wandered around, still having a good time, but wishing i had the security of my camera in hand. This was the main reason for my not shooting this particular wedding. Jessi knows me well enough to know I tend to blend in and observe when I have said camera. She wanted me to live, and enjoy her moment. I did have a great time. They hired a fabulous photographer from Portland, who I know captured every moment perfectly...I watched. There was an AMAZING band, and a room full of wonderful people who all love this couple with all their hearts.

My contribution to the wedding was an engagement session that I photographed with my great friend and occasional business partner, Mrs. Sphie Paez. "Together we make magic", this is our tag line, or at least what we tell people when we get the typical rave of our work together, and from ALL the raves at the wedding from the session, turned guest book, we did it again. If I do say so myself, it was amazing. I, of course forgot to photograph the book before giving it to them.

Unfortunately, in order for me no actually not consume myself with every moment of the wedding, I did have to leave the camera at home, so I have no photos of the beautiful couple from that day. I had to rely on the "hired" photographers to hopefully catch my good side, and all the snap shots from our drunken friends camera, which are now scattered across Facebook. As terrible as it is, this is so far, the only photo of proof I was there.

Jessis wedding
Congratulations Jimmy and Jessi, you are an amazing couple and will be an incredible family in the years to come. You have shown my family so much love and friendship over the years, Thank you! I am excited to continue to grow with you, and our little "family" we have created for ourselves here in Bend, and look forrward to hopefully taking some maternity shots of you real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment